ASTIR was established as a small handicraft facility in 1933.
In 1954, Constantinos and Louis Constantinidis, sons of the founder Andreas Constantinidis, began the construction of new installations on Tsakalof st. Tavros in Athens, where the factory is still sheltered today.
In 1956 the company moved to the new installations and the new era of ASTIR began.
In 1993 the third generation of owners, Anastasios Constantinidis and Panagiotis Aslanidis continued the growth of the factory’s premises and doubled its surface by connecting the old building with a neighboring building. The new installations provided sufficient in-house storage facilities and more room for production growth was now available.
In 2003 ASTIR’s legal form changed from private to public.
The company is still family owned but thinks, grows and evolves as a multinational firm.